1.5 lbs organic boneless chicken breasts
1 large white or Japanese sweet potato peeled and cut into ¾ inch chunks (about 3 cups)*
2 cups homemade bone broth or sugar free broth/stock
4 oz can diced green chiles
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh jalapeños
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp oregano
½ tsp chili powder
⅛ tsp cayenne pepper (more or less depending on your spice preference)
1 small yellow onion diced
4 cloves garlic finely chopped
1 tsp dried cilantro or 1 tbsp fresh minced
1 tbsp organic ghee (clarified butter)
½ cup coconut cream**
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
2 tbsp nutritional yeast – optional
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker and top with sweet potato cubes, broth, green chilis, jalapeño, salt and all the spices (you will leave out the last 4 ingredients for now) Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low 6-7 hours. I use a programmable slow cooker which makes timing things very convenient!
- After the cook time is complete, remove the chicken to a large dish and set aside. Add the ghee, coconut cream, lime juice, and nutritional yeast to the slow cooker and stir well to combine.
- Cover and cook on hi for 20 minutes.
- During this time, shred the chicken with two forks, then add it back to the slow cooker after 20 minutes and continue to cook 10 more minutes on high.
- Serve with avocado, extra cilantro or chives. Enjoy!
*If you can’t find a white sweet potato, a common orange one will be fine, just cut into 1″ inch chunks since they’re a bit softer.
**Coconut cream is the solid part in a can of refrigerated coconut milk. You can buy full fat coconut milk and use only the thick part, or purchase a can of coconut cream only.
Original Recipes visit: Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili with Sweet Potato (Paleo & Whole30) @ paleorunningmomma.com