1.3 pounds skinless boneless chicken thighs
5 cups chicken stock homemade or store-bought
2 cloves garlic finely minced
1 medium onion diced
2 cans can white northern beans drained and rinsed, 15-ounce cans
1 can diced green chilis undrained, 4 ounces
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add all ingredients to the Instant Pot, and place the lid on and lock it.
- Use the manual keys to set the Instant Pot to 13 minutes manual.
- After the cooking has completed, use the quick release lever to release the pressure.
- Carefully remove the chicken thighs, and use two forks to shred the chicken.
- Return chicken to the pot, and serve immediately.
To Use Dry Beans
- Rinse and drain 3/4 pound of dry northern beans. I did not soak mine.
- Add all ingredients (except chicken) to the pot, plus an extra 1 and 1/2 cups of chicken stock.
- Cook on manual high pressure for 28 minutes, then quick release.
- Rinse the inside of the lid under cold tap water to help with re-sealing.
- Add the chicken thighs.
- Place the lid back on, lock it, and set it at 13 minutes on manual high pressure.
- Allow to naturally release (NPR) for 10 minutes, and then quick release the rest of the pressure.
- Remove the chicken, and shred with two forks; return to the pot.
- Nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using a recipe nutrition label generator.
- Using dry beans may alter nutrition information slightly, since nutrition was calculated using the original recipe.
- For frozen chicken thighs, I still use the same cook time. I just add 5 minutes of naturally pressure release (NPR), and then release quick release valve. The chicken was perfect!
Original Recipes visit: White Chicken Chili in the Instant Pot @ apinchofhealthy.com