3 Tbls water
⅔ cup granulated sugar
1 Tbls light corn syrup
½ tsp salt
1 14 oz bag sweetened shredded coconut
2 egg whites, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine water, sugar, corn syrup and salt in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat.
- In a medium-sized, heat-proof bowl, combine shredded coconut and hot syrup, stirring until evenly distributed. Let mixture cool for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites and vanilla extract together until foamy and thick.
- Gently fold in the coconut mixture.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out mounds of the coconut mixture. You want golf-ball sized mounds. Space the macaroons 2 inches apart.
- Bake until nice and golden brown, 15-18 minutes, rotating baking sheet if necessary. Place baking sheets on racks and let cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
Original Recipes visit: The Best Coconut Macaroons @ momontimeout.com