1 T olive oil
1/2 small onion, chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1/4 t ground turmeric
1 t peeled, diced ginger root
2 small potatoes, chopped (peeled, if you like)
1/2 head of cauliflower, chopped
1 medium zucchini, chopped
2 large carrots, chopped
2 stalks of celery, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
juice of one lemon (about 2 T)
4 c vegetable and/or chicken broth
1/4-1/2t cayenne pepper
Greek yogurt, if desired, for serving
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Saute the onion, garlic, ginger, and turmeric for a few minutes, until onions start to soften and become translucent.
- Add the remaining veggies, and salt and pepper, and saute for several minutes longer.
- Pour in the lemon juice, and stir to coat the vegetables.
- Add the broth, cayenne and additional salt and pepper, if desired bring to a boil, cover and boil for 10-15 minutes, or until the veggies are soft.
- Use an immersion blender, or add the contents of the pot to a blender of food processor (in portions, if needed, based on the size of your blender), puree until smooth and creamy.
- Return the soup to the pot, and heat through.
- Serve with Greek yogurt, if desired.
Original Recipes visit: Vegetable “Flu Buster” Soup @ cupcakesandkalechips.com