Super easy Tomato Tortellini Soup that’s ready in only 15 minutes! Such a lifesaver during those busy weeknights and holiday time!
15-Minute Tomato and Tortellini Soup Recipe
1 carton (32 ounce) low-sodium chicken broth
1 package (9-ounce) refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
1 heaping cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
1/3 cup good quality sun-dried tomato pesto
1/4 cup heavy cream
salt and pepper
red pepper flakes, optional
chopped fresh parsley
- In a medium pot, bring the chicken broth to a boil.
- Add in the tortellini; reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 7 minutes until pasta is almost tender.
- Add in tomatoes and continue to cook for another 1-2 minutes until tomatoes have just softened.
- Stir in the pesto and cream.
- Taste and adjust with a little bit of salt and pepper, if necessary. And a pinch of cracked red pepper flakes for a little kick, if desired.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with some fresh parsley.
Recipes by: bellyfull.net