1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup onion finely chopped
2 Medium Sized Potatoes diced
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 cup sweet peas
1 bottle Guinness Stout
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 packages of Deep Dish Pastry Shells OR your favourite pie pastry recipe doubled. 4 Shells total
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown beef and onion then stir in the vegetables, thyme, Guinness, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 7-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Roll out pastry dough and cut out 16 – 5 inch rounds and 16 – 5.5 inch rounds.
- Spoon filling onto 5 inch rounds, brushing milk around the edges and cover with the 5.5 inch rounds and press with a fork to seal.
- Bake 12-15 minutes and serve warm.
Original Recipes visit: Beef & Guinness Hand Pies @ frugalmomeh.com