4 frozen bananas
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup / 150ml coconut milk
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
dark chocolate curls and desiccated coconut to decorate
- Put the bananas into a blender with the coconut milk and vanilla extract and blend until smooth.
- Remove half the mixture from the blender and set aside in a bowl. This is your vanilla ice cream.
- Add the cocoa to the remaining mixture in the blender and blend until combined.
- Layer the vanilla and chocolate ice cream into layers in a jar or cup and decorate with your choice of toppings.
- If you find the consistency of your ice cream is too runny you can freeze it for 30 – 45 mins to firm it up before your layer it into the jar.
- The ice cream will keep in a sealed jar or container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks but you will have to allow it to thaw slightly before eating.
Original Recipes visit: Chocolate & Vanilla Nana Ice Cream @ myfussyeater.com