1 tablespoon olive oil
½ cup diced onion
¼ cup diced or shredded carrots
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 – 4 cups chicken broth
2 cups cooked chicken breast, shredded
1¾ cups cooked cannellini beans (or 15 oz. can)
½ teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon dried basil
½ teaspoon dried sage
¼ teaspoon seasoned salt
dash of pepper
¼ cup half & half
fresh sage leaves for garnish
Freshly grated Parmesan for serving, if desired
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil and sauté the onion until translucent, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the carrot and garlic and cook a minute longer.
- Add the chicken, broth, beans, spices, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then lower flame and simmer over a medium-low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the half & half and spinach. Stir to combine. Cook until spinach just begins to wilt, approximately 2 minutes.
- Serve with freshly grated Parmesan and garnish with fresh sage leaves.
Original Recipe and Notes of recipe: Creamy Tuscan White Bean & Chicken Soup @ premeditatedleftovers.com