1 tablespoon oil
1 onion, diced
6 cups chicken broth or chicken stock
1/2 cup arborio rice
3 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups cooked chicken
2 lemons, juice and zest
2 tablespoons white miso paste (optional)
salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat, add the onions and cook until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and rice, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the rice is cooked, al-dente, about 15-20 minutes.
- Slowly pour 1 cup of the hot broth into the eggs while whisking and then slowly whisk the egg mixture into the soup.
- Add the chicken, lemon juice and zest and cook to warm, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, mix 1/4 cup of the hot broth with the miso paste and then mix the mixture back into the soup before seasoning with salt.
Original Recipe and Notes of recipe visit: Avgolemono Soup (aka Greek Lemon Chicken Soup) @ closetcooking.com