1 tablespoon avocado oil or coconut oil
1 pound ground grass-fed beef
1 each green and red bell pepper, diced
1 large yellow onion, diced
1 small sweet potato, peeled and diced (about 1 ½ cup)
1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes, preferably fire-roasted
1 14-ounce can petit diced tomatoes, preferably fire roasted
3 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
1 tablespoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons salt
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground chipotle chili
Optional Garnishes: cilantro, diced avocado and/or minced red onion
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add beef, and cook, stirring often and breaking up the beef with a wooden spoon until the beef is browned, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Transfer the beef to the insert of a large slow cooker.
- Stir in bell peppers, onion, sweet potato, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic, cumin, salt, cinnamon and chipotle.
- Cover and set slow cooker on high for 6 hours.
- Serve topped with garnishes.
Original Recipes visit: Easy Slow Cooker Paleo Beef Chili (Whole 30 Friendly) @ cottercrunch.com