1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 cup (480g) ground turkey
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup (78g) onions, diced
1 2/3 cup (219g) sweet potato, diced
½ cup homemade tomato sauce
Crushed red pepper to taste (optional)
Salt and pepper
2 big bell peppers cut in half
Feta cheese (don’t add cheese if you want to make this recipe paleo-friendly) and fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add ground turkey and garlic. Stir occasionally and cook for about 10 minutes or until the meat is not pink any more. Make sure to break apart the meat with a wood spoon as it cooks.
- Add onions and cook until onions are gold brown.
- Add the sweet potato, cover the skillet and cook until they are tender. It is about 8mins. Don’t forget to stir occasionally. Add tomato sauce, ground chili pepper, salt and pepper to taste. If necessary, add more olive oil or a little bit of water to cook the sweet potato.
- Arrange the peppers in a greasy baking dish. The cavity side is facing up.
- Fill each bell pepper halve with the ground turkey-sweet potato mix.
- Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes, or until the peppers are cooked and soft.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with feta and parsley.
Original Recipes visit: Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Stuffed Peppers @ primaverakitchen.com