Servings 4 brownies
½ cup creamy almond butter or cashew butter
1 TBS coconut oil melted
2 TBS maple syrup (or honey
2 TBS unsweetened applesauce
2 TBS coconut sugar
1 TBS unsweetened vanilla almond milk
½ tsp pure vanilla extract
3 TBS almond flour
2 TBS cocoa powder
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp sea salt
¼ cup mini chocolate chips optional
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8×4” loaf pan or a 5″ baking pan** with coconut oil, set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- In the microwave or on the stovetop gently warm almond butter and coconut oil until melted. Stir until combined.
- Visit Gooey Fudgy Paleo Brownies @ joyfoodsunshine.com for full instructions.
**If you only have a 9×5″ loaf pan check after baking 8-10 minutes. If you bake these for 10 minutes they will be insanely gooey…almost like warm brownie batter (YUM). The longer you bake, the heartier and less gooey they become. My favorite baking time is between 11 & 12 minutes. Remember this makes a very small batch! To make more simply double the recipe and bake in an 8×8″ pan!