1 onion, diced
1 green pepper, diced
2 cloves of garlic, chopped fine
1.25 pound of ground turkey (I used Jennie-O)
salt and pepper
2 TBSP chili powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 TBSP cumin
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 TBSP hot sauce
1/2 tsp salt
14 oz can of kidney beans, drained
28 oz of diced tomatoes in sauce, undrained
- Spray a large pan with cooking spray and set over medium high heat.
- Add the onions, garlic, and green pepper to the pan. Stir and sauté until the veggies are cooked through and the onions are translucent.
- Add the ground turkey and cook until the meat is no longer pink.
- Add the spices, salt, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and stir until combined.
- Add the kidney beans and tomatoes with their sauce, and two cups of water. Stir, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and let simmer for thirty minute.
Original Recipes visit: Healthy Turkey Chili @ wineandglue.com