This Fool Proof Pie Crust is seriously so easy, moist and delicious! Learn how to make a pie crust from scratch that you will want to make again and again with this video and photo tutorial. This pie crust recipe is made with butter and made with shortening to create the perfect light flakey crust that holds it’s shape. Vodka is the secret ingredient. It is extra liquid to pull the dry ingredients together, but because it is alcohol, it bakes off, there by leaving a light flakey crust. You will want to use this easy pie crust recipe from now on.
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 TBSP granulated sugar
1/2 tsp salt
6 TBSPs unsalted butter
4 TBSPs vegetable shortening
2 TBSPs vodka see note
2 TBSPs ice water
- Cut up 6 TBSPs unsalted butter into 1/2 inch pieces and stick it in your freezer. Also stick in there 2 TBSPs vodka and 4 TBSPs (1/4 cup) vegetable shortening, cut in pieces. Fill a measuring cup about a 1/2 cup full of cold water and put it in your refrigerator. Leave everything in there about a half hour. When you remove the water from the fridge, add ice to it.
- To the bowl of your food processor, add 3/4 cup all purpose flour, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1 TBSP granulated sugar. Pulse until just combined.
- Add the chilled butter and shortening.
- Pulse until it is combined and there are no streaks of flour left.
- Add the last 1/2 cup of flour.
- Visit Fool Proof Pie Crust @ wineandglue.com for full instructions.