4 cups water
1/4 cup culinary lavender
1/3 cup sugar
Juice of 2 large lemons
- Boil water (I just use a small pan) and steep the lavender in it for 10 minutes (I use 2 paper tea filters to make this easy. You could use a fine sieve or other kind of tea strainer as well).
- Meanwhile, juice the lemons.
- Once lavender has finished steeping in the water, remove the lavender and stir in the sugar and lemon juice until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into the popsicle mold, leaving a little bit of room at the top of each compartment. You’ll likely find it difficult to insert the sticks right away (especially if they’re wooden sticks), so wait 2-3 hours and insert them then. Freeze popsicles for at least another 4 hours (or overnight).
- To remove the popsicles from the mold, I fill the sink with hot water and dunk the frozen part in it for about 10 seconds so they release easily. I recommend storing the popsicles in a large Ziploc rather than keeping them in the mold.
Tip: I transfer the liquid from the pan into a measuring cup so I can easily pour it into the mold.
Original recipe and more pictures visit: Lavender Lemonade Popsicles @ saltandlavender.com