8 cup Golden potatoes, thinly sliced
6 Tablespoons butter
6 Tablespoons flour
3 cups half and half
1½ teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 cup sour cream
2½ cups cheddar grated cheese
2 cups cooked and crumbled bacon
⅓ cup chopped chives
- In a large pot, boil thinly sliced potatoes in salted water for 8 to 10 minutes until potatoes are tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and cook for 1 minute. Add half and half, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook until sauce comes to a low boil. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. Then stir in the ½ cup cheddar cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with vegetable spray.
- Place ⅓ of the potatoes on the bottom of baking dish.
- Spoon ⅓ of the sauce over potatoes.
- Next sprinkle ⅓ of the 2 cups of the cheddar cheese over the sauce.
- Next sprinkle ⅓ of the bacon over the cheese.
- Next sprinkle ⅓ of the chives over the bacon.
- Repeat this process 2 more times.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes. Remove foil and return to the oven for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve
Original Recipes visit: Loaded Scalloped Potatoes @ chef-in-training.com