Moist, delicious pumpkin cake, layered with maple cinnamon buttercream and crunchy streusel. Perfect for Thanksgiving or any fall celebration!
3/4 c. unsalted butter room temperature
1 1/2 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
3 large eggs room temperature, divided
1 large egg white room temperature
2 1/2 c. all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp. ground cloves
1 3/4 c. pumpkin puree
Maple Cinnamon Frosting
1 1/2 c. salted butter room temperature
1 1/2 c. vegetable shortening
12 c. powdered sugar divided
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 Tbsp. maple extract
1/4 c. water or milk room temperature
3/4 c. all purpose flour
3/4 c. light brown sugar packed
1 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
6 Tbsp. salted butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottoms of 3 (8 inch) cake pans with parchment paper and grease the sides.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed until light in color and fluffy, 3-4 minutes.
- Add the vanilla extract and vegetable oil and mix until combined.
- Add 2 of the eggs and mix until well combined.
- Add the remaining 1 egg to the egg whites and mix until well combined.
- Visit Maple Streusel Pumpkin Cake @ lemontreedwelling.com for full instructions.