1 tbsp olive oil
1 white onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 small carrot, grated
400g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
2 tbsp tomato puree
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp mixed Italian dried herbs (Basil, oregano, thyme)
400g chopped tomatoes
240ml vegetable stock
1 tbsp cornflour mixed with 2 tbsp cold water
For the lasagna
12 gluten-free lasagna sheets
1 tin Sacla’ free-from Besciamella white sauce
(Optional) vegan cheese, grated
Make the bolognese sauce
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add the onions, garlic, grated carrot, salt and pepper and saute for a few minutes, until softened.
- Add the mushrooms and tomato puree. Mix to combine.
- Add the vinegar, herbs, chopped tomatoes and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Add the cornflour mixture and simmer for approximately 10 minutes until reduced and thickened.
Make the lasagna
- Preheat oven to 200C / 350f.
- Pre-cook lasagna sheets, according to packet’s instructions.
- Add a small amount of sauce to the bottom of the pan, enough to coat the bottom.
- Add a layer of lasagna sheets.
- Smooth 2 tbsp white sauce on top.
- Then top with more bolognese. Repeat until the last layer of lasagna sheets.
- Top with the remainder of the bolognese sauce. Then smooth the rest of the white sauce on top. Add some grated vegan cheese, if desired.
- Bake 20 mins.
Original Recipes visit: Mushroom Lasagna (Vegan + GF) @ thissavoryvegan.com