2 tablespoons Butter
2 tablespoons Oil
1.5 pounds Beef stew meat, cut into cubes
1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon + extra ground Pepper
1 tablespoon + extra Salt
4 Garlic cloves, minced
2 large Onions, diced
2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
2-3 Carrots, diced
3 Potatoes, quartered
1 1/2 cups Mushrooms, diced or whole
1 teaspoon Thyme
2-3 sprigs, Rosemary
2 cups Beef Broth
- Season the beef with 1 teaspoon pepper and 1 tablespoon salt and dredge it in flour.
- Heat oil and butter in a large dutch oven and add beef in two batches. Do not crowd the pan. Brown the meat on either side, and remove it in a bowl with a slotted spoon.
- Add garlic and onions to the pan and saute for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste and cook for another minute or two.
- While the tomato paste is cooking, pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add beef, carrots, potatoes, mushrooms, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper and pour in the beef broth. Bring this to a boil and then transfer to the oven for 2 hours approximately.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, bread or brown rice.
Original Recipes visit: Rosemary Garlic Beef Stew @ centercutcook.com