1 lb ground beef
1 small onion, diced finely
1 clove garlic, minced
1 (4 oz) can Old El Paso diced green chiles
1 (1 oz) package Old El Paso taco seasoning mix
1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (12 oz) package frozen corn
3 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
1 (28 oz) package frozen tater tots
1 (10 oz) can Old El Paso red enchilada sauce
Toppings: olives, cilantro, sour cream, tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray. For extra crispy tater tots, bake tater tots for about 10 minutes while preparing the beef mixture – otherwise prepare as follows.
- In a large skillet, brown the beef and the onion. Add the garlic towards the end of the browning process and cook for 1 minute. Drain.
- Add the green chiles, taco seasoning mix, black beans, corn, and 2 cups of the cheese. Stir together to combine. If your skillet isn’t big enough you may need to stir it together in a bowl.
- Pour mixture into the prepared 9×13 pan. Arrange tater tots on top of the mixture in a single layer.
- Pour the enchilada sauce on top of the casserole as evenly as you can.
- Bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes or until tater tots are nice and crispy. Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of cheese on top and place back in the oven for 2-3 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Top with olives, cilantro, sour cream, tomatoes when serving if desired.
For extra crispy tater tots, bake tater tots for about 10 minutes while preparing the beef mixture.
Original Recipes visit: Taco Tater Casserole @ the-girl-who-ate-everything.com