4 medium sized zucchini
4 tablespoons oriental sesame oil, divided use
1 cup shredded carrots
2 cups shredded cabbage,
3 chopped chicken breasts
8 green onions, chopped
5 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
¼ cup honey
¼ cup creamy peanut butter
¼ cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
1 tsp sriracha sauce
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, ginger, garlic, 2 tablespoons of the sesame oil and rice vinegar.
- Put sauce and chicken into a large freezer bag and let marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, overnight is better though.
- When you are ready to cook the meal spiralize the zucchini.
- Place zoodles in a colander and salt liberally (don’t skip this step or you’ll get a sticky soggy mess) let sit for 20 minutes then soak up extra moisture with a paper towel.
- While zoodles are sitting heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a skillet or pan over high heat and remove chicken from marinade.
- Add chicken and remaining sesame oil to the skillet and saute until no longer pink.
- Add the green onions, carrots, cabbage and zucchini noodles.
- Saute over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add in the honey, peanut butter and Sriracha.
- Stir all the ingredients together and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes
- Serve warm. Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
Original recipe and more pictures visit: Thai Peanut Chicken Zoodle Bowl @ almostsupermom.com