1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Flour
1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (less if you don’t love spicy)
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
3 pounds chicken wingettes (or chicken wings, with joints removed)
oil for frying
1 cup Buffalo Sauce (such as Franks Red Hot)
1/2 cup salted butter (one stick)
3 tablespoons honey
- In a large ziplock bag, combine the flour, paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to fully combine.
- Add in the chicken wings about 10 at a time, sealing and shaking to fully coat the wings in the flour mixture. Remove wings from the mixture and place on a paper plate. Repeat with all the wings until they are all fully coated in the flour mixture. Place wings in the fridge for 10-30 minutes; this will help the flour to fully adhere to the wings.
- While the wings chill in the fridge, heat 3 inches of oil in a large stock pot or dutch oven to 360F.
- Fry the wings in batches of 10 for 10-15 minutes, or until the wings are crispy, browned, and fully cooked through. Remove from the oil with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- When you start frying your last batch of wings, start your sauce.
- Heat the butter, hot sauce, and honey or medium/high heat in a small sauce pan. Stir while you cook. Once bubbling, reduce to simmer and continue cooking.
- Use a whisk to stir the sauce often while cooking, about 10-15 minutes.
- Once all the wings are done and drained of oil, add them all to a large bowl and toss in the hot sauce.
- Serve immediately, with ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping.
Original recipe visit: The BEST Fried Buffalo Wings (Gluten Free) @ thecookierookie.com