4 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 large garlic cloves, minced
2 cups diced yellow onion (about 1 large onion)
1 1/2 cups chopped celery
12 oz mixed veggies
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
1 cup half & half
4 cups cooked & shredded turkey
salt & fresh cracked pepper, to taste
a little cayenne pepper, to taste (I added 1/4 teaspoon)
Gluten Free Cheddar Chive Biscuits:
1 bag Pamela’s Biscuit & Scone Mix
1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons butter
1 1/4 cups milk
1/4 cup minced chives
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 12 x 8 casserole pan (a 11×7 works great too as long as it’s a deep enough casserole dish) with butter or non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large heavy bottomed pot (like a dutch oven), melt butter over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add in onion, celery and mixed veggies. Cook until softened, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in cornstarch until well combined, continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Slowly add chicken stock and half & half, stirring after each addition. Let cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in turkey and season to taste with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Transfer mixture into prepared casserole pan.
- Gluten Free Cheddar Chive Biscuits: In a food processor, pulse Pamela’s Biscuit & Scone Mix with butter until pea sized crumbs form.
- Slowly add milk until well combined. Add chives and cheddar cheese, pulsing until combined.
- Scoop our large dollops of dough and drop on top of casserole mixture, leaving about 1 inch for spreading.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, until the biscuits are starting to brown and the casserole is bubbly. Serve hot!
Original recipe and more pictures visit: Turkey Biscuit Casserole @ thenovicechefblog.com