Delicious White Chicken Chili – This delicious White Chicken Chili recipe makes a meal full of tender chicken, hearty beans and savory broth. You’ll love the ease of this stovetop, slow cooker and Instant Pot White Chicken Chili! Video is included!
- 4 medium skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 4 cups chicken stock or broth
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 (15-ounce) can white beans, drained
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chilis, with liquids from chilis
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
Stovetop White Chicken Chili Recipe
Add chicken to a 4-quart, heavy bottomed Dutch oven or stockpot over medium heat. Add chicken stock and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Shred chicken with two forks and then add back to the liquid.
Add garlic and onion to stockpot, white beans, green chilis, dried oregano, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and chopped fresh oregano. Stir until well-combined. Taste for flavor and adjust to your preference.
Simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and serve.
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili Recipe
- Add chicken, chicken stock, garlic, onion, chilis, oregano, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper to a 6-quart slow cooker. Cook for 8 hours on low. Shred chicken with two forks and stir in white beans and fresh oregano and cook for another 10 minutes. Serve.
Instant Pot White Chicken Chili Recipe
Add the chicken, chicken stock, garlic, onions, beans, chilis, oregano, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper to your Instant Pot and secure the lid with the vent closed.
Set you Instant Pot to High pressure for 20 minutes. Allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes and then, using a pot holder, carefully use the quick release. Remove the lid from the Instant Pot and shred the chicken using two forks. Stir to combine all of the ingredients and serve.
Prepare recipe as instructed and then ladle it into an airtight container. I use deli containers or large Mason jars so that it doesn’t take up as much room in my refrigerator or freezer. Freeze.
Remove from freezer and place in the refrigerator to defrost the night before planning to serve. Then, either place in your slow cooker on low to allow the chili to slowly warm throughout the day for serving for supper or pour into a large stockpot for reheating. Additionally, you can reheat in the microwave at 45 second intervals at about 80% power, stirring after each interval until heated throughout.