1 pound cooked and shredded chicken breasts
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium sized yellow onion, diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 jalapeño, minced
8 ounce can diced green chiles
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
3/4 teaspoon ground corriander
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Fresh ground black pepper to taste
1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans
4 cups low sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
Limes, shredded Monterey Jack cheese and plain Greek yogurt or sour cream for topping the chili
- In a large pot over medium high heat, heat the olive oil.
- When the oil is hot add in the onion, garlic, jalapeño, cumin, corriander, salt and pepper.
- Sautè the vegetables until tender, about 3 minutes, then add in the diced green chiles and sautè another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and scoop out a scant 1/2 cup of the vegetable mixture and add it to a blender with a 1/2 cup of chicken broth and 1/2 cup of the cannellini beans.
- Purèe the mixture until smooth then add it back to the pot.
- Place the pot back on the stove over medium high heat and stir in the remaining chicken broth (3 1/2 cups).
- Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in the shredded chicken and remaining cannellini beans and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped cilantro and season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve the chili topped with shredded Monterey Jack cheese, more cilantro, a squeeze of lime juice and plain Greek yogurt or sour cream if desired.
Original Recipes visit: White Chicken Chili @ reciperunner.com