1 lb. ground beef
1 lb. ground pork
2 cans diced tomatoes
2 packets chili seasoning mix
2 bell peppers, diced
1 large onion, diced
16 oz. sliced mushrooms
hot sauce (optional)
- Cook the ground beef and pork thoroughly.
- Add remaining ingredients except hot sauce, stir well, and simmer one hour or until veggies are tender.
- Alternatively, put cooked meat and raw veggies in crockpot on high for about 4 hours or low for eight hours.
- Serve with hot sauce.
- I don’t make a very spicy chili because my children don’t like spicy, but serving hot sauce on the side let’s each person adjust the heat to their liking.
- Most soups and chilies improve with sitting for a day, so I make this the night before if possible for full flavor.
Original Recipes visit: Lower Carb Chili @ totsfamily.com