1 lb . Applewood Smoked Wright Brand Bacon
1 T. butter
1 white onion diced
1 green pepper chopped
1 red pepper chopped
30 oz . package frozen hash browns thawed
1 tsp . salt
1 tsp . pepper
12 large eggs
1 1/2 c . milk
1 T. chipotle hot sauce
2 c . shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 Line a large rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Lay bacon on lined pan so that it’s close but isn’t touching.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until tender-crisp. You don’t want it to be crisp because it’s going to bake longer when the casserole cooks.
- Let bacon cool on baking sheet.
- Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to absorb any extra grease.
- To make the casserole, heat butter in a large skillet.
- Add diced onion and peppers.
- Cook until onion is translucent and peppers have softened.
- Grease a deep 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Layer hashbrowns and cooked veggies.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Crumble cooked bacon over the top of the veggies.
- Top with 1 cup cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and hot sauce.
- Pour over hash brown mixture.
- Top with remaining cup of cheddar cheese.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil, and place in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, get casserole out of the fridge about 30 minutes before you want to bake it.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Bake casserole, covered, for about 45 minutes.
- Uncover, and continue cooking for about 15 minutes longer, or until casserole is set and has baked through.
- I like to serve this with additional chipotle hot sauce or salsa.
Original Recipes visit: Overnight Hash Brown Casserole @ ihearteating.com