8 medium potatoes, scrubbed and dried
2 Tbls olive oil
1 Tbls kosher salt
¾ pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled (how to bake bacon)
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
¾ cup mayonnaise
½ cup sour cream
5-6 green onions, sliced
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rub potatoes with olive oil and salt and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork, flipping halfway through.
- Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut potatoes into bite-sized pieces and place in a bowl. Its perfectly acceptable for the potato pieces to slightly fall apart.
- Stir in mayonnaise and sour cream.
- Set aside ⅓ cup cheese, 3Tbs bacon, 2 Tbls sliced green onions for the top of the casserole and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spoon into a greased 9×9 baking dish. Top with reserved shredded cheese bacon. Cover dish with foil and bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes, removing foil for the last 10 minutes.
- Top with remaining sliced green onions and serve.
Original Recipes visit: Twice Baked Potato Casserole @ momontimeout.com