Creamy Italian Sausage and Broccoli Soup – Get cozy with a bowl of this 30-minute soup.
- 3 spicy Italian sausages, casings removed
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 c. white wine
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- 32 oz. low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 small head of broccoli, cut into small florets, stems sliced into 1/4” pieces
- 1/4 c. chopped parsley
- In a large pot over medium heat, brown sausage until crispy, breaking it up using a wooden spoon. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add 1 tablespoon oil, garlic, onion, and thyme; season with salt and pepper. Sauté until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, white wine, cream, and stock; bring to a boil and simmer until chickpeas are tender, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Toss in broccoli and sausage; simmer until broccoli is bright green and cooked al dente, about 2 minutes. Garnish with parsley and drizzle with olive oil. Serve immediately.
Keywords: soups, soup recipes, italian sausage soup, creamy soup